At GeoWoodstock 14er in Denver, we handed out a lot of wooden nickels. Hang on... Read More
31Days 09Hours 04Minutes 22Seconds
Nothing could be finer than to cache in Carolina … again!
We are excited to welcome you all to North Carolina for GeoWoodstock XV. 10 years ago, we hosted GW V in Raleigh, so many of you will be making your second trip to our state for this flagship event. This will not be a repeat of the 2007 event. This time we will be in Waynesville, North Carolina for the main event on Saturday May 27, 2017 and in Asheville for many other days leading up to GW. We think you will love the area. Asheville is an eclectic city with many things to offer visitors include art, great food, many outdoor activities and one of the highest per capita ratio of people to breweries in the nation. We kind of like that last one! We have some fun activities and events already in the works. We plan to introduce some new traditions to GeoWoodstock, just as we did in 2007. And of course, we plan to have a great meal available for those who want one. Stay tuned for more information and follow us on social media for the very latest.
History of GeoWoodstock
The idea of GeoWoodstock is the brainchild of JoGPS, who in 2003 decided to host an event for "geocachers from all over". JoGPS says it started as “all about the numbers” but continues as “all about the number“ of new friends you make and smiles you share. GeoWoodstock has grown each year into what is today considered the annual convention for the international geocaching community. You’ll not only meet cachers from all over the United States and the world, but you can learn about the latest in geocaching tools and technology, meet and talk to experts in seminars and training sessions, and buy or sell geocaching and other interesting products. This is a very laid back event. If you have never attended a GeoWoodstock, make plans to attend now and see what it’s all about! If you have attended before, well, you know the feeling and we’ll see you in May 2017!
Recent Facebook Posts
- It's 100 days until GeoWoodstock XV! (gulp). Have you posted your will attend? PLEASE register at https://t.co/vniCDfrTOf68 days ago
- Check out our Facebook page for our Lab Cache idea invitation for #geowoodstock15106 days ago
- Geowoodstock XV (Waynesville, NC) store and registration is now open. https://t.co/nJZffY6Vaz108 days ago
- A packing we will go. https://t.co/ot7VAIQlvW157 days ago
- Now with extra prize winning goodness ;). Post a photo of you wearing the shirt at an event to win a $50 gas card!!… https://t.co/Jpy1Er3pfQ182 days ago